Sunday, May 28, 2006

my glorious

Psalm 77

1
I cry out to God without holding back.
Oh, that God would listen to me!
2
When I was in deep trouble,
I searched for the Lord.
All night long I pray, with hands lifted toward heaven, pleading.
There can be no joy for me until he acts.
3
I think of God, and I moan,
overwhelmed with longing for his help.
Interlude
4
You don't let me sleep.
I am too distressed even to pray!
13
O God, your ways are holy.
Is there any god as mighty as you?
14
You are the God of miracles and wonders!
You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations.
15
You have redeemed your people by your strength,
the descendants of Jacob and of Joseph by your might.
Interlude
16
When the Red Sea[a] saw you, O God,
its waters looked and trembled!
The sea quaked to its very depths.
17
The clouds poured down their rain;
the thunder rolled and crackled in the sky.
Your arrows of lightning flashed.
18
Your thunder roared from the whirlwind;
the lightning lit up the world!
The earth trembled and shook.
19
Your road led through the sea,
your pathway through the mighty waters--
a pathway no one knew was there!
20
You led your people along that road like a flock of sheep,
with Moses and Aaron as their shepherds.

Psalm 62

1
I wait quietly before God,
for my salvation comes from him.
2
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will never be shaken.
3
So many enemies against one man--
all of them trying to kill me.
To them I'm just a broken-down wall
or a tottering fence.
4
They plan to topple me from my high position.
They delight in telling lies about me.
They are friendly to my face,
but they curse me in their hearts.
Interlude
5
I wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
6
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
7
My salvation and my honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
8
O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him,
for God is our refuge.
Interlude
9
From the greatest to the lowliest--
all are nothing in his sight.
If you weigh them on the scales,
they are lighter than a puff of air.
10
Don't try to get rich
by extortion or robbery.
And if your wealth increases,
don't make it the center of your life.
11
God has spoken plainly,
and I have heard it many times:
Power, O God, belongs to you;
12 unfailing love, O Lord, is yours.
Surely you judge all people
according to what they have done.

1 comment:

Courtney Patch said...

This was good for me to read today; thanks for posting it. I love and miss you friend!