Monday, September 18, 2006

freedom hangs like heaven over everyone

it's monday, but saturday for me. that's one of the minuses of an unusual job: unsual hours/days. so my weekend this week is monday and wednesday. i'm excited for having the whole day to get things done. even on days when i open and am off by 2, i need time to recover, which ends up cutting more time out of the day.

the apt is coming along. we've been doing little decorative and finishing touch type things the past week, and each little thing makes it more like home and more pleasant to come back to at the end of the day. i'm still overwhelmed with time on my hands, even on days that i work, and i'm trying to figure out things to do with my time so i feel less like i'm just killing time between shifts. there were a couple nights last week when i felt like jennifer lopez in the wedding planner when she comes back to her quiet apartment at the end of her work day and prepares a nice meal and sits down with her tv tray in front of the tv to have her lonely dinner. ha. i never really watched tv before i moved here, but there's something about the quiet and even a couple hours alone that lands me there, watching sitcoms on dvd. sad. haha.

having so much alone time has made me a better runner, in that i find myself with nothing else to do, so i do it. and my town is cute to run in.

i'm not really down today, but that's what seems to be coming out. so i'll just leave it at that, and try to be more upbeat next time. happy day.

1 comment:

Courtney Patch said...

heheh I think of The Wedding Planner when I do that too! Though lately I don't seem to have enough time on my hands. I did run yesterday; getting geared up for the Thanksgiving Day race, if we're in the ol' US of A at that time:) Maybe this time you won't have to cheer on your "slow poke" friend:) love you!!!!