Saturday, December 23, 2006

in time the snow will rise in time the Lord will rise

Last night I had friends over and we frosted Christmas cookies and watched Elf and enjoyed eachother. There are so many things I am thankful for during Christmas, like music and lights and being with friends and family. I remember last year on Christmas Eve being struck by how Christmas is a sad time for a lot of people- people that are suffering; have lost someone at this time of year that was close to them, parents that can't give their kids gifts, people that Christmas only means being alone and cold and hungry.... I remember sitting in my mom's backseat after my sister was talking about a friend of hers who was having her first Christmas without her mom, and I just sat there and cried. But then I remembered what Christmas really was- what the thing is that gets pushed behind the presents and trees and lights- the hope that is in God becoming man, becoming helpless and humble to know and experience what we do. I am so thankful for that hope.

I had an interview the other day with a job that seems too good to be true. I'm praying it's not. :)

I saw Over the Rhine's Christmas concert last weekend and it was lovely, and then two days later they came to find me at Starbucks! (They heard I make the best gingerbread latte in town.) Just kidding. But they did come in.

A new year is on it's way. I can't believe it. I feel like Karen and Linford put it well....
Happy Christmas.

Darlin’ (Christmas Is Coming)
(Words and Music: Detweiler)

So it’s been a long year
Every new day brings one more tear
Till there’s nothing left to cry

My, my how time flies
Like little children hiding their eyes
We’ll make it disappear
Let’s start a brand new year

Darlin’ Christmas is coming
Salvation army bells are ringing
Darlin’ Christmas is coming
Do you believe in angels singing
Darlin’ the snow is falling
Falling like forgiveness from the sky

If I could have anything
What would I want this new year to bring
Well, I’d want you here with me

Tear these thorns from my heart
Help the healing to start
Let’s set this old world free
Let’s start with you and me

No comments: