Monday, March 03, 2008

I went down to Nashville, Tennessee

yesterday i got back from a weekend trip to nashville with my roommate and friend to see my sister, beth. it was a lovely weekend. my sister's pretty cool... she writes music. check out "lilies of rio" on her page- she wrote it for me :)
and i have a couple more wonderful mini traveling adventures coming up... it really makes the weeks much more endurable, knowing in just a couple days you're off to another fun city to spend time with precious friends.

sometimes the good things are overwhelming. it's easy to bear hard things... well, not easy, but i deal with them better in some ways than with really good things. because the really good things make me feel undeserving, and i wait for something not so good to happen so that things will make sense again. not a good mindset, eh? i'm working on it. :)

the lenten season has been a blessing: it's been filled with a peaceful joy and all the goodness i mentioned above.

No comments: