Tuesday, May 27, 2008

get yourself in this race

decision time is upon me and i have made mine. the other day i was running, perhaps the best day running-wise of the year: cool and sunny, just lovely. and i decided that yes, i will be running another marathon this fall.

allow me to say, excercise is a wonderful form of medicine. it is therapeutic, it keeps you feeling good and in shape... just read this guy's recent article.

i was thinking about how good running has been for me: my mom has even offered to help pay for races because she's seen such positive shifts in my confidence levels and things like that. i was thinking (that's what i do when i run) about how so many people would probably benefit so much from something like it....
so, i highly recommend some kind of activity, if only to maintain some balance in life. i'm not saying go run marathons (my doctor always gives me a bit of trouble), but i am saying, as a person who never thought of herself as athletic or definitely not endurance-y :), that i have seen many, many positive reasons to continue running. just don't discredit yourself. think positively, ask questions, keep trying, do some research, buy some good equipment and do it!

5 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

hmmm. I'm feeling a bit tempted. We shall see. :) Running is my therapist. heheh

JaraBeara said...

oooh goody! i still need to find a good half marathon and a pair of good knees for this year. eeeek.

zds said...

hey laura, that's awesome! I'm glad you're running a Fall marathon. Columbus? It was fun running your first marathon with you as Jamie Bender. If you do Columbus it will be fun running your second marathon with you as myself:)

laura said...

it's looking like either indy or c-bus... OR entering ny's lottery and hoping for good odds :) do you know anything about indy's?

Abby said...

Now who's taking forever to post!!!
Stalking isn't easy when the person tries to hide...
:?)