Tuesday, July 01, 2008

there is a me you would not recognize

i saw shane claiborne and chris haw speak last week, touring with their book Jesus for President. the psalters were there, too. it was pretty cool.

i also had lunch with a friend last week that was very refreshing. i guess the peace and balance she spoke from were, for me, inspirational. she made me want to take myself and my decisions less seriously, to be faithful in life, and to enjoy it and live it.

over the weekend i watched this documentary:



watch it, it'll make you think. you can borrow mine.

and sunday was father's day. for my dad and me :) i had planned a day with dad that, aside from locking my keys in my car, was a success. we went to a yummy mexican place and then to the taft museum, where one of my recent favorites, kim taylor, was playing for free in the garden. i love her. go see her live and you probably will too.

so, that's my catch up.

"I think we are supposed to stand in deserts and marvel at how the sun rises. I think we are supposed to sleep in meadows and watch stars dart across space and time. I think we are supposed to love our friends and introduce people to the story, to the peaceful, calming why of life. I think life is spirituality....
I mean, life is just life.... ...we aren't going to be any more complete a month from now than we are now."
- Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts

No comments: