Monday, May 25, 2009

You don't have to move that mountain


I'm reading "Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light." I've put it off for a year, afraid of the convicting words I would find inside. It has only been encouragement and caused stirring in my soul. Every few pages I read I am left with food for thought...

"In the silence of the heart, God speaks." (32)

"When I see someone sad, I always think, she is refusing something to Jesus." (33)

"Why does Jesus say, 'I thirst?' What does it mean? Something so hard to explain in words-... 'I thirst' is something much deeper than just Jesus saying 'I love you.' Until you know deep inside that Jesus thirsts for you- you can't begin to know who He wants to be for you. Or who He wants you to be for Him." (42)

"The more we trust Him- the more He will do." (62)

Such simple, profound statements; like her love and work for the Lord.

"But we have this treasure in jars or clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you." 2 Cor. 4:7-12

2 comments:

rheimbro said...

Those are some great thoughts, I am particularly struck by the third one on Jesus' thirst. I had never thought of it from that perspective before. It is interesting to think that the source of living water, Jesus, still has a thirst that goes unquenched without us, his creation.

Courtney Patch said...

These are good. I'm going to write them down in my journal.