Monday, April 10, 2006

home enough to know i'm lost

welp i went to tennessee this weekend. the warm weather and change of scenery was good for me-made me kind of sense change even though nothing really has. i did get a new job, i will now join the ranks of post-college baristas. i hope it's fun!

this weekend gave me a sense of hope for things to come. warm weather seems to help with that-making me feel like things are good and happy, instead of dismal and sad the way snow and rainy days make me feel.

i received an e-mail from my friend from rio who is learning english. the subject was "hello good morning angel." that e-mail made my day. it was mainly in portuguese with english words thrown in where they seemed appropriate. that day i got to sit in on my friend's sixth grade science class and that was hilarious. they asked great questions about my time in rio and made me feel like one of the coolest people in the world. hehe. ahhh, rio. it was a good remembering day. today i found out another one of my friends from lapa was arrested. i hate getting those e-mails, i read them really fast with my heart pounding, afraid someone else has been killed. but she was arrested for having drugs and her three babies who i love so much are split up in the houses of family and friends. i just pray they'll be loved. and she will know she is too.

i was reading my friend courtney's blog aqfter talking to her about not wanting to come across as hateful or judgemental. she wrote about that, and about being sad and missing what we were doing around the world. she said she didn't want to be sad anymore, but hopeful instead. that's what i want, too. i want to trust and know that eventually i will be back overseas, loving the unloved, and until then i have to have peace that something is happening, i'm being worked in, and i need to take advantage of this time, too.

i had a lot of time to think on the 5 hour drive to and from tenn!


this is my friend and her children. pray that jesus will be present in their lives. that they will have hope.

1 comment:

Courtney Patch said...

shoot; I'm your second comment. This is really good. You write just like you talk; I love that. You're thinking clearly and processing well. We're on the verge of something. Coffee was fun; can't wait to run (didn't mean to rhyme):) love you friend!