Saturday, April 15, 2006

if God made you he's in love with me

i've just been sitting here trying to reflect on my thoughts on easter, and it's really hard. i think partly cuz i don't wanna post a sermon and partly cuz whenever i "bare my soul" so to speak, i feel as though i threw up in front of people and left them to clean it up. ha. gross.

but seriously, i don't think i've really sat down and thought about this weekend and it's significance in my life. i've been resisting all of the cultural "traditions": gifts, too much food... all those things. and in doing have failed to look for what good friday and easter really mean.

so now i'm doing that, and really there's no way to express everything that's running through my mind... GOD becoming man, a horrific death, coming back to life a couple days later... and the effect those things have on my life and the lives of those i love: hope, promise, redemption, learning to/about sacrifice, real love... so many things.

what would it be like if every day i recognized the truth and the weight of Jesus and lived according to that truth?

No comments: