Monday, April 17, 2006

just have this secret hope

i hate goodbyes. i say them waaay too often. i just said another tearful goodbye tonight, and i am so bad at them. i feel as though this past year especially i can think of at least three instances where i cried so hard as i said goodbye to places and people i love. the neat thing is, none of those goodbyes were permanent, and i know this one isn't either. sometimes i get this feeling like something's about to "go down" and i've had that feeling lately.

in other news i started my very adult, very responsible new job today as a barista at starbucks. i have now served approximately 5 frappucinos. i must say i have a knack for it. :) my coworkers seem amiable (i'm reading pride and prejudice and have chosen to add this word to my vocabulary) and the atmosphere is flexible and fun... so it should be good. i hope.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Whoa! Remember me? The original Servant Team Laura (Igram)? I just connected to you through Ben's blog. How's your life now back in the US? Have you adjusted?

Unknown said...

oh laura -

sigh... hey, thanks for stopping by. i'm glad i found this. i'm not sure how busy your schedule is, but if you feel like making a trip to indiana (indy or fort wayne or somewhere in between) i will probably be around the first week in may... it'd be great fun to connect, if you don't mind driving a bit... and if you can get off work at the big SB. but let me know how you are...

ttfn,

ben

Courtney Patch said...

Patty is helping me settle in to life here in STL! heheh Hopefully she'll bring luck to the ol' job search. I may apply at Bucks soon as well. Thanks for calling! I miss you friend! We'll chat again soon. love,

me

Laura said...

Ok, so where are you going to be a foreigner again soon? Maybe you should email me, I always liked you the best! ;)
leigram@apu.edu