Monday, April 03, 2006

wherever you go, there you are.

things are just bouncing around in my head today. i feel like i'm processing something, which is good.

"Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation" Nelson Mandela

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:12

"March 25, 1971, posed a different sort of problem for Everett. A statistical difficulty, primarily. Natasha had lived with him, they had shared their lovely continent together, for 44 days. And March 25 was the 45th day since she'd left him. The 44 best days of his life followed by 44 days of sodden hell. And today the hell began to outnumber the happiness. What should he do about this? What sort of observance should he observe? If he decided to mourn, when would the mourning end? But if he decided to celebrate, it was like celebrating her absence-and he still wanted her back!" The Brothers K

this may seem a strange jumble of thoughts, and it is, but these are all things that pertain to me, my future, what has previously happened that has shaped my future, and decisions i now have to make.

on a different note, i have good friends. some who have similar thoughts, frustrations and passions. i am so thankful that i have people to share with, who understand, or even if they don't, who listen to my word vomit with a tender heart and support me in my ravings. thank you God for good friends.

i was advised by one that i consider a member of my "council" to just do it. to formulate a plan and go. wherever. there's no wrong place. it sounds so simple, but it doesn't seem that way. i know God's up to something; i just wonder what.

No comments: