Monday, May 15, 2006

the best is yet to come

won't it be fine?

............................

"'We in our faith work,' she said, 'stumble along toward where we think we're supposed to go, bumbling along, and here is what's so amazing-we end up getting exactly where we're supposed to be.'" -Anne Lamott's pastor, Veronica, in Traveling Mercies

"Why does God always use dreams, intuition, memory, phone calls, vague stirrings in my heart? I would say that this really doesn't work for me at all. Except that it does." -Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies

...........................
"It is only when we are in touch with what is going on inside us that we can come before the Lord. Then I can experience the real me connecting with the real God. It is not a case of apologizing for my emotions. They are as pre-moral and innocent as feeling cold or shivery. When I bring those feelings to consciousness, as the Psalmist does with his anger and despair, then prayer becomes authentic." -Sacred Space

1 comment:

Courtney Patch said...

Ange read me a quote from this book and I think it can fit any situation; not just a romantic relationship...

"In retrospect, I'm very grateful for whatever reluctance it was that kept me alone until your mother came. Now that I look back, it seems to me that in all that deep darkness a miracle was preparing. So I am right to remember it as a blessed time, and myself as waiting in confidence, even if I had no idea what I was waiting for." From "Gilead"

that is where we are; waiting in confidence. Our miracles are preparing. it will be fine. love you friend!