Tuesday, May 16, 2006

you're faking a smile with the coffee to go

so my day wasn't *bad* per se, but it has been one of those.... you know what i mean, everything you touch you drop, you're late everywhere you go, people say just the wrong thing to make you want to cry. one of those days. ah, the service industry- it can be a dangerous field sometimes.

i knocked over a venti mocha in the midst of trying to make like 6 drinks today. sweet. and put whip on some guy's frappucino who was pleased to inform me that he had said he didn't want whip. fancy that.

so i was all grumpy and i came home and what do i read:
john 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

nice one, God. :)
i feel like everything i get worked up over, everything that gives me stress or i decide to worry about, God speaks to directly. be it through friends, what i'm reading, scripture, you name it. don't worry about it, Laura. it's all under control. you think you need to work it all out. you couldn't if you tried. leave it to me.

so, there's that.

confidently waiting. i like that. that's my new take on things.
so what are you doing with your life?
confidently waiting.

and there's that.

No comments: