Wednesday, September 06, 2006

changes come

my life has been defined by change as of late. nothing too big; but change nonetheless. there's of course the moving out of my parent's house, and i was promoted at work and have been learning all that new stuff. i got my keys to the store today. it felt important. and some new friends have moved away, and i don't think that would have affected me the same, but with moving out i've felt lonely and keep wondering, who can i call? :)

today i was struck by how thankful i should be for my job, and am not. i have so much fun at work, and usually it goes fast; and now with my promotion i can afford to live, so what more could i want for right now?

i had this major sense of development in the air today after i talked to my friend jill. her, my friend courtney and i are somehow oddly enough doing very similar things (though not intentionally) in different places. it's very interesting. and new opportunities, or exciting ones that we've talked about, have been bringing themselves up recently, and i feel like that's something.

i'm just feeling very thankful today, and happy. and maybe a little tired.

i'm going to st. louie this weekend to visit my dearest courtney. i'm so excited.

No comments: