Wednesday, January 16, 2008

we are so fragile


so last night i was laying in bed reading and my roommate brought in a flower wrapped in paper with a note taped to it that she found set in our mailbox.

in that note is written, "your beauty.... should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 peter 1:3-4  
it also had some encouraging thoughts that i'm keeping to myself :)

the note was unsigned.  and the flower is beautiful.  i am so thankful for friends.
                     

in other news...
i found out today the rumor i'd heard about loan forgiveness for social workers is TRUE!!  in fact, it is specifically designed for those who work in non profit (which i do!).  apparently you commit to ten years in the field, when your loan is consolidated through direct loans (mine already is) your clock starts, and they pay it off!  so, i'm calling tomorrow to find out more.  if you've got student loans and work in non-profit, i'll fill you in.  that news made me happy.

1 comment:

izitjo said...

Hi, just visiting from "I still have this secret hope"... the friend who left you the rose and that note did well. It has reminded me of something that happened when I was young.

Being 'anti' big weddings I grumbled and complained so much about them that my best friend didn't feel comfortable asking me to be in her wedding party. After a heart felt confession of regret at my insensitive behaviour I was surprised to find a rose at my door with a note saying... "will you be my bridesmaid".

A special idea worth remembering. Thanks :)